Closely Held Business Stock
How It Works
- You make a gift of your closely held stock to the University of Illinois Foundation and get a qualified appraisal to determine its value
- You receive a charitable income-tax deduction for the full fair-market value of the stock
- The University of Illinois Foundation may keep the stock or offer to sell it back to your company
- You receive an income-tax deduction for the fair-market value of stock
- You pay no capital-gain tax on any appreciation
- Your company may repurchase the stock, thereby keeping your ownership interest intact
- The University of Illinois Foundation receives a significant gift for the benefit of UIS
Request an eBrochure
Which Gift Is Right for You?
Justin T. Seno, CFP®
University of Illinois Foundation
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.